We are accepting submissions now through March 1, 2018 for our Power of Poetry Online Contest. The goal of this contest is to encourage poets to use their craft as a tool for social change. This is a platform for the discovery and celebration of poets.
Please pick a topic that relates to your life, yet connects with a larger community, the nation or the world. What deeply matters to you? Themes can include, but are not limited to:
- Historical Icons or Themes
- Illness (Physical or Mental)
If you have a question about whether a particular topic qualifies for entry in this poetry contest, please feel free to contact us. We are always happy to assist. Click here to submit your entry today!
- Be a United States citizen or a permanent legal resident
- Be 18 years of age or older
- NOT be a staff member or a board member of IACA (relatives of such are also disqualified from applying)
We require verification of age and residency if you are selected as a winner.
- Poets are invited to submit up to 2 poems in any style, each 1-2 pages
- A short biography is required of the author.
- All entries must be the original work of the poet submitting.
- Please send poems which have not yet been published with an ISBN number.
- Poems containing profanity or vulgarity will be disqualified.
- We will judge poems on creativity and relation to our theme. The judges' decisions are final.
- Authors retain copyright of their poems, but submission gives us the permission to publish selected poems on our website.
Both the 1st and 2nd place winner will have their work published on our website for National Poetry Month April 2018.
We require a non-refundable reading fee of $20.00 payable by credit card. This helps make the review of your work possible.
The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm CST on Thursday, March 1, 2018. We encourage you to submit before the deadline, so that we may assist you if you encounter any issues. Winners will be announced the 3rd week in March 2018.
Click here to submit your entry today! We look forward to hearing from you.
We reserve the right to cancel this contest at any time for any reason. Should this occur, entrants will be notified and reading fees will be refunded.