YOUNG WOMEN EMPOWERED:
A Community Forum for Civic Discourse & Engagement
"When women support women, incredible things happen."
Saturday, March 31, 2018 ~ 11:00AM-1:00PM
Moline Public Library (Gold, Silver & Bronze Rooms)
3210 41st Street, Moline, IL 61265
Young women come let your voices be heard!
We invite you to engage with other young women peers in a discussion about what deeply matters to you! You are important to us and we want to hear what’s on your mind.
This is a friendly open community forum, which is being held with the following goals:
- To provide a safe space for young women to communicate freely and openly
- To enhance understanding of areas of need and concern among young women
- To provide ongoing support to young women and help empower them to overcome barriers
- To foster confidence and leadership capacity among young women
The discussion will include, but will not be limited to the following questions:
- What gets you truly excited about life?
- What motivates you to do your very best?
- What is your vision for the future?
- Right now, at this very moment, what do you want most?
- Do you feel there are barriers to your personal success?
- Describe a time when you felt truly supported by others.
Young women may engage in the discussions they feel are most relevant to them. This is a friendly, supportive and pressure-free environment. We want everyone to relax and enjoy themselves.
If you would like to be a part of this event, we welcome your involvement -- teenage girls, young women and supportive older community-minded women. This is a FREE event and plenty of refreshments will be provided. Click here to confirm your attendance.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, March 27th, if possible, as it is helpful for refreshment preparation. Young women who confirm attendance by Wednesday, March 21, 2018 and participate will receive a gift bag of great items! Please provide the number of attendees and include names and ages.
This Difference Maker community project is being led by
Kristina Brown, Executive Director, Integrity: Arts & Culture Association,
with support from Royal Neighbors of America, Target and Wal-Mart.
The flyer looks large, but will print as an 8 1/2 x 11.